Search Engine Optimization is mainly divided into two basic areas. They are
- On Page Optimization
- Off Page Optimization
In On page SEO what we can done on the webpage itself. Off page SEO is used to improve the position of the webpage in the search engine. Many people associate off-page SEO with link building.
Here we are mainly deals with the On Page Optimization and the several steps of On Page Optimization. In Search Engine Optimization, On Page Optimization Refers to all measures that can be directly taken by the website to improve the website position in the search rankings. Basically it is the effort which you put on the website and it is very clearly visible. Examples of On Page Optimization include the following,
- Optimizing the existing content
- HTML code corrections
- Remove broken/ dead links
- Add Meta/ Alt Tags
- Add Goggle and XML Site Map
- Analytic Setup
The following are the important steps included in on page optimization
Step 1: Choose Keywords
The first step of the search engine optimization is to find out how many keywords are uses for all the pages. Choosing keywords are also known as keyword optimization or keyword research. The keyword optimization defined as, it is an act of researching, analyzing and selecting the best keyword and that’s why to make a qualified traffic from search engines to your website. In keyword optimization, first we read the page content and select two relevant keywords. One is the primary keyword relevant to the page’s content and other is variation of for that keyword. If you can’t identify one primary keyword for a page, you will create a new website pages to separate the different content. Before selecting the keyword you must write the content, that time you never worried about the keyword. After writing the content then only you think about keyword. What’s your content about? Now you can use the Google’s Keyword Planner to find out the keyword. Both the number of searches and competitions are important in choosing keyword. So you can choose several keywords within your content don’t stick to just 1. You can practice search engine optimization in the following way,
- Drive qualified traffic to your website: You must optimize the keywords such that peoples looking for your site.
- Measure traffic potential: Analyzing the popularity of keywords helps you to understand the size of a potential online market.
- Write effective content: By including the optimized keyword in your content, you can connect potential customers and address their needs.
- Understand user behavior: By analyzing the words that your customer uses, you get an idea about their needs and how to service those needs.
When it comes to SEO, the success of the search results depends on how effective you are discovering, researching, analyzing and selecting the keywords.
- Title tag: Your Primary Keyword must be included in the title tag.
- Links: Your optimized keyword should be integrated into links.
- Content strategy: If you want to rank high, then you should include your targeted keywords in your content.
- Images: Targeted keywords must be used in the image alt attribute and file names.
- Meta Description: Targeted keyword must include in Meta description, sometimes it helps to increase the clicks in searches.
- URL: Be sure to include the keyword in URL.
If the page is not clear then the visitors never understand the page. Recent days, keyword research is a very important and difficult job because if you don’t choose and use keywords which your customers are searching for, you won’t get found. That means there is no traffic is present.
Step 2: Page Title
Title tags are technically called title elements and it is actually defined as title of a document. The title tag must be a small and accurate description of the page content. The page title appears on the top left part of the browser bar in the Google page, and also it is blue, bolded, underlined text.
The guidelines to the page title given below:
- Be under 70 characters with no more than two long-tail keywords per page title
- The primary keyword should appear first, then followed by secondary keyword that means place the top-performing keywords in descending order.
- Each keyword should separated by pipes(|)
- Each page title is unique for a website
- Don’t repeat your keywords more than 2 to 3 times in the title
- Make sure thattag is the first element in thein your page; this makes it easier for Google to find the page.
- Except for your homepage and contact us page, other title should NOT include your business name.
- Avoid using stop words. Stop words are words that carry no keyword value. Usually functional words are your stop words, which consist of “the”, “an”, “a”, “am”, “is”, “can”, “and”, “or”, “but”, “while”, “if”, “then”, “thus”, “of”, “that”, “on”, “for”……etc.
- To get the full benefit of the title tag, you should include the keywords to the page content, which is used in the title.
- Avoid duplicating the text in the title tag within the <h1> tag text.
- Avoid keyword stuffing. This may lead to banned from major search engines either permanently or temporarily.
- Add modifiers like “2015”, “best”, “review”….etc in the title tag will help you to rank your website in the top position.
<title> Title </title>
Optional Format: Primary Keyword- Secondary Keyword | Brand name
The title tags are very important in SEO elements, and which is appearing in three key places. They are,
- Browser: Title tag often shows on the top of the browser.
- Search Engine Results Pages: When you use keywords in title tag, the search engine will highlight them in the search results.
- External Websites: Many social media websites and other external sites show this title tag on the webpage as its link.
Will Continue in the next part………………..